Fix or replace Heat&Glo; juction box?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zick

Dec 11, 2008
WI
We got a used Heat & Glo Passage fireplace and where getting it all wired up and ran into a small problem. Not sure if we did this or if it came this way but found the junction box has a link that shorted out.

Wondering if I would be able to just resolder a new link or if I need to buy a whole new junction box. The links look like nothing more than paper thin solder.

12e5bff1.jpg

951e01f0.jpg

If its fixable you could try fixing it. Otherwise it is not an expensive part. I am sending you a PM.

fireplace tips said:
Two things here... First the junction box is cheap and any heatilator dealer or heat n glo dealer should have one. Second is that wiring for your fan? If so they should be to the left. Black on the bottom, then red and white on the top.

I was able to repair it by solder in a small wire between the joints.
Those two wires are actually going to the Ember Lights.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.