Q&A Fixing Blower on Fireplace Insert

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    Expand Collapse
    New Member
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012
    Likes Received:

    I have an fireplace with an old blower insert. The blower is powered by an electrical cord that plugs directly from the insert to a wall power plug. The cord has been misplaced and I need to find another cord. I have been unable to have a cord fabricated to match the original cord.


    There is no reason that you cannot use standard components from a hardware store to do this type of repair. I've done it many a time myself. The stove companies do not use any special fittings that I know off - just off the shelf stuff.

    However, certain inserts, like the Vermont Castings Winterwarm, use a power cord that has a male end (for the wall) and a female molded end that plugs into the insert. In this case, you'll have to get the matching one from the manufacturer..or, if they are out of business you'll have to have someone run a new cord into the insert and tie into the blower wires inside the unit.

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page