Flame keeps burning out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kingdad

Nov 11, 2022
Indiana
Hello again. It's the newbie with the corn stove questions again lol. I have 2 Grain Stoves Inc. Grain Comfort stoves. My older stove is working flawless. Was giving another identical stove and was told the auger wasn't working. I re wired stove according to my other stove and it started functioning as it should. Fast forward to installation, and after installing, the stove with operate normally for about 20 minutes then it's almost like the combustion fan just stops (still running though). The fire completely dies out like it isn't getting corn but it's feeding properly. I have plenty of air coming out exhaust (once again going off of my other identical stove). I've cleaned what I could but am curious if it so isn't plugged somewhere. Any ideas from you stove geniuses would be appreciated. I've learned so much from this site. Thank you

Which below manual your stove? Grain Comfort auger will not run for the first 10-15 minutes until the firebox gets to 120 degrees. Are you starting with wood pellets? When stove goes out does it have alot of fuel in pot or a little? What are you burning? Grain comfort stove has a special way of cleaning, ie sucking out vent from outside while blowing air into "washing" hole inside. You could try to jump thermodisc 1 to see if it is working. Fan control to high and feed to 5 on start up? You could try cleaning the fan and feed switches(pots/potentiometers) spray some contact cleaning into them and turn them back and forth. If your pots does not have a hole in the side to spray contact cleaner in you can try spraying some down the shaft of the pots. You can use the contact cleaner of your choice.

1698065384689.png

Attachments

• grain-comfort-stove.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • comfort_plus.pdf
    11 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Yes that's the correct manual. I start with the recommend 1/2 pot of pellets light and wait about 5 minutes after lighting to turn stove on (once fire is somewhat stable) . When fire goes out it'll be about 1/4 of the way full of burn pellets/corn and ash. My main stove which is identical to this one I have the same procedure of lighting. It'll burn great for about 15-30 minutes after turning stove on and it blowing warm out into my entry room. Then it acts like it isn't receiving proper air from combustion fan. I did find a mouse nest under combustion fan when I first got the stove and thought I had everything cleaned and ready to run. I feel it has adequate air blowing out of the exhaust but unsure about combustion inside stove. All my gaskets are brand new as well.

Then it acts like it isn't receiving proper air from combustion fan
Does it seem like less air out of vent when it starts shutting down? Could be combustion fan is bad/overheating after 20 minutes of running and not blowing as strong. Could also be pots switch is dirty. Also try a couple drops of machine oil on the combustion motor bushings.

When it starts to die out the circulation fan is still operating as normal. The exhaust coming out seems the same as well. When I open door with combustion fan still on I can't tell a difference in how much is blowing out but it may blow right and then clog then work itself loose maybe??? I'm still very very VERY new to all this so I'll try anything that may help. I'm going to switch my burn pot out for the one in my other stove just to check it off the potential cause list.