Flange fabricated for my EKO 60 PICS. What are others using for flange gaskets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave T

Mar 28, 2008
Dansville NY
I bought my EKO used and it showed up with only one flange, so today I had another flange fabricated by a local welder I saved money by keeping it square, for shits and giggles take a look. It threaded to the black pipe nice, it took 45 minutes to complete and cost 50$ I am currently still piping so the collar length had no effect on piping lengths to the rear of the EKO..Are large EPDM pump like gaskets being used on these flanges?? Dave

Attachments

• EKO-flanges1.jpg
    EKO-flanges1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 275
  • EKO-flanges-2.jpg
    EKO-flanges-2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 276
I used flat rubber that came in a sheet. I just cut out the pattern with the holes for the bolts and center piece cut out. It was like epdm so if you could find a scrap piece of that I would give it a shot. I did double up the material.

Thanks for the reply I work with EPDM everyday as I am a commercial roofer sounds like I should give a couple pices of rubber a shot..I'm done piping the EKO in(besides the flanges),now I am getting assistance with the electrical and upon completion I'll post pics..Hope to post soon!!! Dave

The trick is not trying to tighten it to tight. You want the rubber to fill in any gaps in the steel flange but not squeeze out. I figured a little past "snug" - there, how's that for a technical answer. The first set I made was not big enough to include the bolt holes and it was a pain trying to keep it centered so I cut out new ones. The second set I cut them out to the size of the flange and then cut holes for the bolts which held the gasket in place while attaching the two flanges together.

Status
Not open for further replies.