Flat screen TV and wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Leckbass

Sep 22, 2017
NJ
I have my Englander nc30 in the corner of my living room. I also have a flat screen TV on the wall about 6 feet away from the wood stove. Has anybody experienced any problems with flat screen TVs getting too hot or being too close to the stove?

I have my Englander nc30 in the corner of my living room. I also have a flat screen TV on the wall about 6 feet away from the wood stove. Has anybody experienced any problems with flat screen TVs getting too hot or being too close to the stove?
At 6' it shouldn't be an issue

Electronics like it cool, if there is radiant heat from the stove then the flat screen is getting heat. On the other hand flat screens are designed for some heat tolerance (think arizona in the summer). Electronics are not forever and unlike old CRT TVs, my guess is the LED TVs are not going to last as long.

Going on 15 years with flat screens right next to and above but not directly above my woodstoves with zero negative effect. You want to live in the stove room and you want your TV where you live so it has to be this way. Just like the LED light bulbs in the can lights, the tv has no apparent issue with the heat.

just in case it matters, I buy only Samsung TVs.

Going on 15 years with flat screens right next to and above but not directly above my woodstoves with zero negative effect. You want to live in the stove room and you want your TV where you live so it has to be this way. Just like the LED light bulbs in the can lights, the tv has no apparent issue with the heat.

I have Samsung's as well the only common problems with them is their power supplies.

I had to fix one of mine and since then I watch craigslist etc for free Samsung's that won't turn on. I have gotten 5 so far it takes about 45 mins to tear them down and replace the capacitors and less than $5 in parts and I sell them for a couple hundred.

I have Samsung's as well the only common problems with them is their power supplies.

I had to fix one of mine and since then I watch craigslist etc for free Samsung's that won't turn on. I have gotten 5 so far it takes about 45 mins to tear them down and replace the capacitors and less than $5 in parts and I sell them for a couple hundred.
Mine wasn’t the power board But of course thats the first thing I tried. Main board models change a lot and are not as universal as the power board.

I'm looking to buy a new Samsung TV this weekend!

Got any 82s

I'm looking to buy a new Samsung TV this weekend!

I just got a new one two weeks ago and the Costco guy tried to sell me an LG. No bud, I’m just here to buy what I want.

My Samsung Plasma is 10 feet from the wood stove, no problems. Heck, the plasma does a good job throwing out heat as they run a little warmer than LEDs, LCDs, etc... Still enjoy the 2013 plasma, especially for sports viewing.

I did that recently and got burned because the issue was not a capacitor and it was something odd and hard to diagnose lol

Check this out, "The Capacitor Plague"

Reactions: bholler