"Flavor injector question" for Woody1911a1 (Magnahelic) question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Woody, you said, "I grind off the tip ( of the flavor injector) and wrap it with Flue tape about 3/16" back from the tip"..............so does this mean that just 3/16" of the tip goes into the hole and the tape keeps it from going in any further? Bill

yea , but that's not critical . where my access hole was down under the door thats all i could get it in w/o bending the needle . the tape wrap was to give a better seal when pressed against the hole face . your hole is up higher and probably more accessible .

basically you need a fairly well sealed vacuum supply between the hole and the gauge . why they didn't make the hole so some commercially available fitting would screw in is beyond me . your hole is threaded so maybe ? but mine wasn't so i "McGivered" it .

cheers Woody

yea , but that's not critical . where my access hole was down under the door thats all i could get it in w/o bending the needle . the tape wrap was to give a better seal when pressed against the hole face . your hole is up higher and probably more accessible .

basically you need a fairly well sealed vacuum supply between the hole and the gauge . why they didn't make the hole so some commercially available fitting would screw in is beyond me . your hole is threaded so maybe ? but mine wasn't so i "McGivered" it .

cheers Woody
So...I need to apply a little pressure so I don't get a vacuum leak? And can I stick more of the needle in, or it doesn't matter? Bill

The vacuum is very slight, so you want no leaks. It's so slight you need a magnehelic gauge, which is very sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.