Flex liner and rigid combination okay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stitebunny

Feb 17, 2011
Renton, WA
Hi all.
Long time lurker and reader here and now have a question that pertains to me and have not seen it referenced in my searching.
I have just purchased a used Lopi Revere insert. 1994 model.
It seems to be in good conditon although is missing the surround and the blower fan.
I was able to also get the used chimney liner. They were using a flex liner of maybe 6 to 8 feet to get through the chimney damper and then some rigid stainless to make the straight shot up to the top. There was no insulation around any of it.

Aside from the lack of insulation, which I plan to install, is this an approved way to line the chimney?

The hope would be some cost savings in not buying a complete flex liner if I can reuse this safely.

Thanks for all of the great info and conversations here!

Yes, that is a common combo.