flue collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willty

Jan 11, 2008
long island n.y.
i have top exit on a v.c. resolute acclaim.i have a nice heavy gauge welded 6 inch single wall pipe.my concern is i dont think it is tight enough at the collar where it is screwed in.i can look down and see light from my flame.is alright to have some gaps? i was thinking of sealing it with some stove cement.

Sounds like a very poor fit. Can you post a pic ?

hey caz,heres some pics there is no crimped end on this pipe going into the flue .got it all assembled yesterday.it used be rear exhaust at my dads so the local stove dealer supplied me with these three peices.i know as soon as i close the damper:im afraid im gonna smoke out the place.

Attachments

• 100_0437 flue.jpg
    100_0437 flue.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_0438.jpg
    100_0438.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 366
Must be stove collar day! I would seal it for improved stack temps.

hey caz,the resolute has areversable flue top or back.its just that it was not tight as i would like.i can see another [post after mione pointining me in the right direction either trim the pipe or buy an adapter for a better fit .

Oh well. Learn something every day : )

you'd think, its just regular foil tape.
the tape i used was the foil tape that came with the flue liner insulation so i used it.
its been 4 months and its still on, knock on wood. still glued to the collar and pipe. wrapped it 3 times so its glues to itself also.
i'd rather replace the tape every year or so rather then pull my collar/pipe apart... it was hard enough lining everyting up and getting it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.