Fluffy black ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trpsystm

Oct 24, 2018
NY
What would cause fluffy black ash to build up on burn pot? I’ve been burning this stove for a couple months now and been using the same pellets. The build up just started this week. I clean out the burn pot and ash pan and interior of stove every 3 days or so and this week is the first time it’s been building up. I cleaned out the clean out t also. The only thing I haven’t Done is clean exhaust motor and blower motor and the entire stove pipe. I’m a little nervous about cleaning the motors I’m not very mechanically inclined and I don’t want to take it apart and not be able to get it back together properly. Thanks. this picture is not my burn pot it’s just a photo I found online but mine looks very similar. I’m still getting a big flame as compared to this picture.

Attachments

• Fluffy black ash
    806DF377-7393-4E5D-B887-70789A2EFA9B.png
    589.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Pellets. Maybe they are of different quality or higher moisture.