For the guys in southern Maine-two new pellet choices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
You lose the bet, they have Spruce Pointe, McFeeters, Cubex, Okies, and Canawick from north of the border.

SmokeyTheBear said:
You lose the bet, they have Spruce Pointe, McFeeters, Cubex, Okies, and Canawick from north of the border.

What I said was I would bet the new offering that they don't have yet will be the LaCretes. I could be wrong...it happened once about ten years ago... ;-)

From SMRF site: "A new brand of super premium softwood pellet from Alberta, Canada will be available in early 2012"

They have been out of Okies and Spruce Points for weeks and aren't taking any more orders.

If you guys burn some of these, Sure would like to hear your comments!

I got a couple bags of McFeeters from my local Agway and plan on a review. Canawick and LaCrete’s are on my hit list. But Nada here in CT! I did find Ambiance at blue seal and plan on picking some up later this year.

Harman Lover 007 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

What I said was I would bet the new offering that they don't have yet will be the LaCretes. I could be wrong...it happened once about ten years ago... ;-)

From SMRF site: "A new brand of super premium softwood pellet from Alberta, Canada will be available in early 2012"

They have been out of Okies and Spruce Points for weeks and aren't taking any more orders.

We will see what they get but the possible selection is huge.

j-takeman said:

I got a couple bags of McFeeters from my local Agway and plan on a review. Canawick and LaCrete’s are on my hit list. But Nada here in CT! I did find Ambiance at blue seal and plan on picking some up later this year.

I might try a few bags of something in a bit, but due to recent events my space is severely limited.

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

I might try a few bags of something in a bit, but due to recent events my space is severely limited.

You done went and bought even more for the pellet stash? You pig you! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

You done went and bought even more for the pellet stash? You pig you! :cheese:

You have a PM.

can i get a link to the sib thread?

that's something that would be on the top of my list since they are my source as i have no truck and there are no big box stores here.

i heard one rumor/mention a few months back that $235/ton was what they were asking for the mwp softies.
seems too good to be true.

St_Earl said:
can i get a link to the sib thread?

that's something that would be on the top of my list since they are my source as i have no truck and there are no big box stores here.

i heard one rumor/mention a few months back that $235/ton was what they were asking for the mwp softies.
seems too good to be true.

SIB is advertising MWP hardwood. I have a ton coming next Saturday, so I'll see what I get. I called MWP asking about the softwood and was told they no longer make them. I would think that in Millinocket, you would have a lot of choices. Have you tried the Northeast?

sib beats the price of anything i can get delivered (or pick up even) locally.
it's too bad. i would definitely by from in town if the price was better.

i bought one ton from nicatou because my date for delivery from sib wasn't until burning season had already started.
tibbets in lincoln has a $75 delivery fee and higher prices.

i was looking forward to trying the mwp softies.
i'm burning their hardwood blend too.
it's taking good care of me. (even when it was 11 below)
but i can see what folks are saying about ash.
at the price though, i'm not going to change brands and spend $50 plus more a ton.
i clean my stove pretty much everyday anyway.

i am still wanting to find another lower priced pellet for comparison though.
preferably something sib carries.

so...
is that sib thread link anywhere around still?
thanks.

St_Earl said:
sib beats the price of anything i can get delivered (or pick up even) locally.
it's too bad. i would definitely by from in town if the price was better.

i bought one ton from nicatou because my date for delivery from sib wasn't until burning season had already started.
tibbets in lincoln has a $75 delivery fee and higher prices.

i was looking forward to trying the mwp softies.
i'm burning their hardwood blend too.
it's taking good care of me. (even when it was 11 below)
but i can see what folks are saying about ash.
at the price though, i'm not going to change brands and spend $50 plus more a ton.
i clean my stove pretty much everyday anyway.

i am still wanting to find another lower priced pellet for comparison though.
preferably something sib carries.

so...
is that sib thread link anywhere around still?
thanks.

All you have to do is type sib into the search box.....or pick up the phone and call them.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/87034/

"I did find Ambiance at blue seal and plan on picking some up later this year."

Jay, are those the pellets you have to burn with a glass of wine and some mood music?

Chan

CWR said:
"I did find Ambiance at blue seal and plan on picking some up later this year."

Jay, are those the pellets you have to burn with a glass of wine and some mood music?

Chan

I have to save them special for my anniversary then. ;-)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

We will see what they get but the possible selection is huge.

Hey Smokey...what say you now??
From the SMRF website this morning....

-McFeeters softwood pellets from Ontario now available. Introductory price of $259/one ton pallet. Stop by and pick-up three bags for $10.00 and give them a try!

-La Crete super premium softwood pellet from Alberta, Canada will be available in our Windham location beginning on Friday, January 6th! Pricing for these 65 bag, 1.3 ton pallets will be @ $299.00/ton, or $389.00/pallet.

We are expecting Okanagan pellets (in their new one ton pallet configuration) to be available in both Wells and Windham near the end of January.

-Cubex Pellets from Quebec currently in stock.

-Canawick Pellets from New Brunswick in stock.

- PWI pellets from Quebec in stock for $279/pallet. Price will be increasing to $289/pallet beginning the week of January 8th

Harman Lover 007 said:
St_Earl said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
All you have to do is type sib into the search box.....or pick up the phone and call them.

what is this "phone" of which you speak ?

.....oops, sorry. You still working with that cup and a string or just smoke signals???

to be honest, i provide links all the time here.
i actually enjoy being able to help out. and it gives me little satisfaction being snarky about it.
it's not that much trouble if you already know where the thread is.

sorry to bother you by asking.
rest assured it won't happen again.

St_Earl said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
St_Earl said:
Harman Lover 007 said:

what is this "phone" of which you speak ?

.....oops, sorry. You still working with that cup and a string or just smoke signals???

to be honest, i provide links all the time here.
i actually enjoy being able to help out. and it gives me little satisfaction being snarky about it.
it's not that much trouble if you already know where the thread is.

sorry to bother you by asking.
rest assured it won't happen again.

I apologize. I didn't intend for that to be detrimental to you. It's just that there are so many posts per day at this time of year, things get buried quickly and are often hard to find in back posts. When I sent you the link, I actually had to do a search myself using "sib" as a keyword. It's so much faster.... plus I'm old and my memory stinks.

I thought you were trying to be humorous with the "phone" comment so I was trying back. Sorry for that too.

Now that I'm finished hanging my head....go out and get some of those LaCrete softies and tell us how they are!!!!

If any of you guys opt to try the LaCrete Pellets from either SMRF or Sib could you please give us a report?? Thanks.

lacrete's are a good pellet. They are not as good, however, as the Uncle Jed's being sold where I live. The lacretes are an all spruce pellet by the way. From the prices you have quoted and from the reviews of the other pellets you have available around you, I don't think many of you would choose them. It sounds like the Oakies would be the better choice based on what many people have said on this forum. I cannot get Oakies where I live, so you must take what I say with a grain of salt. By the way the Lacretes are $239 a ton around here, but you have to pay the additional freight as they have to travel farther. I still wish we could get the Jed's for the same price as the the badger state, but I also wish we could get the pellets and prices as the west coast folks. So it goes I guess. Good luck with your choices and keep us informed. I haven't burned the lacretes since last year, so they may have changed some too.

Status
Not open for further replies.