Fortex Totes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
I found these at Equine Affair last week, been playing with them since

80da653479a3c32a4563488c967019f0.jpg

Easy to tote around, contain the mess, and they sit in the house unobtrusively awaiting the next load.

AND I paid $6 for each, bought 2.

Pretty neat :) in more ways than one !

http://www.backyardstyle.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-9322

I've been using a round Rubbermaid tote with rope handles on it the past few weeks. Works pretty well and drags less dirt in the house than the wheeled cart. Yours is much better looking.

It looks like you pretty much have to use two hands to tote that thing. That means you have to hug it to carry it unlike a traditional sling that you can carry with one hand away from the body. OK I suppose, for light loads but not the way I would want to carry a heavy load.

I stack wood right out the back door on the deck, and was carrying it in by the armful, making many trips. I've been loading them up in the AM on my way out the door, and bringing them in at night to restock my inside wood. 2 trips instead of 4 or 5.

I've been standing the wood on end in the tote and find they hold quite a bit. I figure in inclement weather, they'll come in extra handy for storing wood inside.

Great idea Eileen. I bought one similar to it today, after I saw your post. I was out at Farm and Fleet and they had rubber buckets on sale. I dropped a log on the floor this morning and was so pi**ed when all the crap fell on the rug. I vacuumed it and made a mental note to get something like your bucket. I found myself at F&F today and voila- love it.

Thanks for the good idea.

Cool, glad I could share.

Status
Not open for further replies.