Forum computer experts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I have a DVD of the Plant tour, That I would like to post ,so all can see see the tour. I will time it, but I believe it is about 15 minutes

Is there any site that will allow a download of it to be viewed by all? Or is someone willing to do the posting if I send them a copy

elkimmeg said:
I have a DVD of the Plant tour, That I would like to post ,so all can see see the tour. I will time it, but I believe it is about 15 minutes

Is there any site that will allow a download of it to be viewed by all? Or is someone willing to do the posting if I send them a copy

Is it in regular DVD format? I don't think that can be simply uploaded to anywhere and be playable on the web. If this is the case, you will need a conversion utility to compress it into a different format, such as .mpg or .rm.

Also, are there copyrite considerations? I know that for most companies, anything they produce is automatically copyrited.

DeanB

ELK, there are plenty of Free video file hosting sites out there. You may want to convert to MPG4. As to the file lenght with 10 minute limits - just break the video up into a 10 min - name it part 1 and a 5 minute - named part 2.
If it is documentary and not high video or photo and audio quality effects you are desiring then the compression to mpg4 should be fine for your uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.