found a great product to clean the glass on your woodburner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
Burn that sucker hot and then just wipe the light haze off the glass with Windex. Or plain old water.

From Nov thru Mar, my stove never gets cool enough to do that.

;)

Thank you for the "Grease Lightning" tip. I will definitely try it. I have a Timber-tech deck which is a plastic (trex like) product which is great but stains from grease easily and use Grease Lightning to get stains off it. Now I will try it for my fireplace glass.
For those that use ash or just burn it off I am happy for you! But be aware some of us have stoves/fireplaces that either cannot get hot enough or the glass gets too dirty (yes I burn 2yr wood) I do use newspaper and ash when I clean between loads but if I go a day or so the soot is just too thick. I've tried every cleaner, Rutland product made. It is a design fault but one I now live with.
ANyway thanks for the tip and I will give it a try this winter. All the best!

Excellent thread!

I did a quick search on here looking for glass cleaning solutions and this thread popped up. The cloth & ash concept worked very well. Thanks everyone.

I had butterflies in my stomach once, and then I digested them!

been using vinegar on a cloth for a whyle, im going to try the ash tip, thanks, pete

I had a light haze on my glass that I couldn't seem to get off last season. I tried several cleaners and nothing was working. Tonight I tried some of that stuff I use to clean my ceramic stove top in the kitchen and it worked wonders. The glass now looks band new. It's called Cerama Bryte. I am no longer going to use anything else.

http://www.ceramabryte.com/

We just tell everyone it's "tinted" glass like in the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.