found a way to keep water out of my chimmey during the off season>

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
Hey guys been busy doing spring clean up around the house, so the other day i decided to clean my two stainless chimmeys, both are the supervent brand and in the spring and early summer months we get some pretty severe thunderstorms and when the rains get very heavy, water will drip in my interior stove pipes, It takes a powerful storm to do this and it's the wind that blows the water down the chimmey pipe so I took a 6ingav metal cap used and the heating and cooling industry. and placed the cap into the interior wall of the stainless pipe and put the chimmey cap back on it works perfect. I will only do this in the off season and remove the caps when time to burn again, just thought i would share this idea may help some one.

Best put a huge sign inside the firebox so you (or someone else) doesn't light up by mistake.

That's a tip from someone who often forgets things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.