Found foam board, cheap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 15, 2009
WI
Just found a place that makes foam board that will sell seconds and cut offs cheap. I have to rethink what I am putting around my tank. It is the stuff for roofing with paper backing, R6/inch.

4X8 sheets of 1" $3.20

4'X4'X4' cube $40

random 2'X4' pieces free

I have 12-14 inches of space for insulation on both sides of tank With my outside walls of R19 I will have R60 without foam, but I can get it cheap hmmmm.....

gg

Check out The insulation Depot, (google it) they sell used foam insulation from commercial re roofing jobs I have bought from them several times and paid just under $10 per 4x8 of 1 1/2" iso. I had to pickit up but I think that they have warehse all around. Insulation... the gift that keeps on giving!

Free! Free, that kindof eliminates the guess work. I would be all over the free stuff for my rim joists and a bunch of other things. Of course the price for the whole sheets is almost free anyhow compared to what I pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.