found my camera a few boiler shed pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Well its been a while since i've posted pics. here the tanks are inclosed and insulated. I also insulated the plumbing recently. now that the weather is getting nice I've been to busy with work
to do anything at home. hope to do some siding soon.

Attachments

• boiler pipe ins.jpg
    boiler pipe ins.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 565
  • back of boiler shed not sided.jpg
    back of boiler shed not sided.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 602
  • boiler shed pipe ins3.jpg
    boiler shed pipe ins3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 566
  • boiler pipe ins 1.jpg
    boiler pipe ins 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 576
  • inside boiler shed.jpg
    inside boiler shed.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 611
  • boiler plumb 2.jpg
    boiler plumb 2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 566
I thought duck tape was for ducts :)

Nice set up. Looks like your gonna be able to finish it up with the great weather coming our way.

Will

Willman said:
I thought duck tape was for ducts :)

Nice set up. Looks like your gonna be able to finish it up with the great weather coming our way.

Will

You must not watch the red green show.

Very nice WM. Including the elegent touch of the cut glass door as entrance into the Boiler Room. I really need to post some pics also.... just need to strap myself to the desk and learn it. After two seasons now I am still very glad I picked the BioMass. Yours is shinier than mine. I'll never forget walking thru Zenon's warehouse comparing 4-5 available boiler designs and rolling the dice on the one with the least service history but what appeared to have numerous advantageous features. I need to take my sides off and move the controller TC like you did. I'm sure the controller thinks the exit water is 10F hotter than in reality. Our boiler has been down for a month. Purchased a flue TC and display back in August 2010... put it on 2 weeks ago! Oh well... boiler worked so well this year I didn't think I needed the data.

Congrats, Looks great.... I'm now trying to collect wood for 2011 and 2012. How far north are you?

may want to add "ice guards" on the metal roof, looks like it pitches down over door way. Nice look-- similar to mine!! -- BTW my door is on high side - over head in end.

Tennman said:
Very nice WM. Including the elegent touch of the cut glass door as entrance into the Boiler Room. I really need to post some pics also.... just need to strap myself to the desk and learn it. After two seasons now I am still very glad I picked the BioMass. Yours is shinier than mine. I'll never forget walking thru Zenon's warehouse comparing 4-5 available boiler designs and rolling the dice on the one with the least service history but what appeared to have numerous advantageous features. I need to take my sides off and move the controller TC like you did. I'm sure the controller thinks the exit water is 10F hotter than in reality. Our boiler has been down for a month. Purchased a flue TC and display back in August 2010... put it on 2 weeks ago! Oh well... boiler worked so well this year I didn't think I needed the data.

Congrats, Looks great.... I'm now trying to collect wood for 2011 and 2012. How far north are you?

Thanks for the compliments. I actually give $10.00 for the door with no Jamb. Being in the carpetry bussiness I come accrost a spare jamb for free. The door used to be in the house untill I found a nicer stained glass display door for $160.00 that was origainally almost $900.00 I have friends at menards in millwork. I fired mine about 3 days ago. calling for around 64 f tommarow and 84 sun. It has been in the low 50s for highs and lows in the low 30s the last couple weeks so 84 is a shock. I have a candy thermometer in my flue. Works well and was free. You only have to take the top off to move the TC . I moved mine a little move but didn't see any more difference. I can get storage to 190. Dont Know if I want to try for another 5 deg. or not.
thought about wrapping probe with alum. foil to see if it makes a difference. don't want to leave it loose and risk it moving and over-heating.

tennman I'm about 20 min, south of mich. and 20 min east of ind. by car.

bigburner said:
may want to add "ice guards" on the metal roof, looks like it pitches down over door way. Nice look-- similar to mine!! -- BTW my door is on high side - over head in end.

Yes definitly need Ice gaurds or whatever there called and eaves trough above door on boiler shed and shop. Fought that ice and snow sliding off the roof and onto the walk all winter! :mad: no
ice dams though :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.