Fp25 vs fp30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tjones2507

Sep 24, 2014
Indiana
Going to be installing one of these any real difference in burn times ? Don’t want to heat us out of the house but want to have coals after 8 hours to start a fire again house is 2100 sqft open floor plan

Both are capable of 8 hrs burns. The main difference is in the depth of the firebox. The FP25 is based on the Neo 2.5 firebox. It is primarily an E/W loader. The FP30 is based on the Summit firebox and deeper for N/S or E/W loading. If the floorplan is open then I would get the FP30 for the greater flexibility in operation and more reserve capacity for those 15º windy days.

The larger FP30 is unlikely to heat you out of the house. You control the size of the fire. We have the same firebox in our stove in a 2000 sq ft old farmhouse in a milder climate. I started a fire this morning when it was 46º outside (now 50º) and it is not overheating the house or living room where it is located. This is a 4 split fire. I will let it burn out.

That’s what I was assuming building a smaller fire but my worry is over night and during the day if I stock the 30 full is it going to be too hot I plan on not running the blower all the time so it would be the heat from the glass and that’s it

You probably will not be running full loads in 40-45º+ weather. The house won't need a ton of heat. However, I think you will be running full or 3/4 loads below 40º unless the house is superinsulated and sealed tight.