1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

FPX36 Wood Burner - Blower

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by artfink, Nov 11, 2012.

1. artfink

artfink Member

Loc:
    Pacific Northwest
    Hello all,

Used my FPX36 for the first time yesterday and again today. Questioning the blower. While I think I feel air coming out the faceplate area, I also question if it is just the heat flow radiating off the glass. How strong should the airflow be from the blower? For example, if I hang a strip of tissue paper in front should it just move a little, or should it blow up significantly.

As for the construction, what size "opening" is that air coming through? I'm trying to compare the cfm's of a good bathroom fan (110 cfm) to this blower (388 cfm) and it just doesnt seem the airflow is there.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. artfink

artfink Member

Loc:
    Pacific Northwest
    NEVERMIND ! ! . After initial installation I wasn't happy with the way they attached the rigid portion of the blower pipe to the stove. Therefore, I had opened the blower, removed the blower, and did some work. When I reinstalled the blower I didn't realize the baffle has to be lifted into the pipe prior the securing. I had accidentally screwed the baffle closed.

Glad I was concerned.

Thanks