Free Maple Firewood Oakland County MI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I have a bunch of Silver Maple that I'm in the process of dealing with right now. I have a heaping pile(cord or more I'd guess) of limb type wood in the 2-6 inch range that I'd rather not deal with. Most of it needs to be cut to length and I'd rather not mess with it. If anyone in the Oakland County area(Oxford) is interested shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Rick

Bump......

Geeze, someone should jump on this.

I would Dennis ( great wood for the evaporator) but with the 3/4 ton truck getting 12-14 mpg it just isn't worth it!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Here's a picture of the heap.(can for size reference)

Attachments

• limb wood 002.jpg
    limb wood 002.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 313
  • limb wood 005.jpg
    limb wood 005.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 283
Sure wish you were closer rd, that small stuff is perfect for burning in the evaporator. :(

Maybe Augie would want it, he is in white lake, I'll send a PM

Hells yes, Have been out of town but ill pick it all up.

30 Miles , I can haul about 1/2 a cord at a time and that is 3 gallons of gas +time for wood that I should be able to burn this winter. so about $24.00 a cord, yea its worth it. If it is a cord ill have 3 cords that should be ready for this winter, a mix of ash, elm, and Maple. I need to start looking for some higher btu woods to stockpile for the next couple of years. Thanks It is appreciated.

Mmmmmm Im feeling warm already, there was more than he estimated, and it will top me off for 13/14 and start me on 14/15
Hoping the homemade kiln works for seasoning oak in one summer so I have some High BTU wood for the coldest days overnights. I plan on setting up about 1 full cord that way and seeing how it works.

Not done getting it all yet but started! Thanks Rick

Reactions: HDRock
Thanks Rick

No problem, I'm happy to see it go to a forum member. It was nice meeting you, it's always fun to put a face with the name.

Reactions: HDRock
Hoping the homemade kiln works for seasoning oak in one summer so I have some High BTU wood

For sure, that Silver should be plenty dry. I just stacked a little over a cord at my SIL's in the past few days...She's about set but like you, I'd like to get some Oak stacked there, too. She's got several dead ones, so I'm hoping the tops will be dry enough to make it by this fall...

Status
Not open for further replies.