FREE WOOD CL "HEADS UP" SUDBURY MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamaman

Oct 6, 2009
MA
looks like this was just posted - too far for Llamaman - especially in this humidity - good luck

Free Fire Wood (Sudbury)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-09-25, 10:32AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few cords of fire wood mostly maple, oak and pine available for pick up in Sudbury. Take some or all. If interested let me know. Thanks.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1972712834

scroungers in Metrowest - this looks like a good day for couple folks

Free Firewood (Waltham)

Date: 2010-09-25, 8:25AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a pile of wood, cut into fire place size pieces. Its about 4 feet high and 8 feet wide, and a mix of apple and pear. There are also about 20 irregular pieces from the trunk, some of which wil still need to be cut to fit into a fireplace, but are small enough to handle/carry. You will need to take those too if you would like the smaller pieces.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1972552205

I just ran into a guy with 10 cords of mostly oak, split two years ago and stored in a wood shed. He converted to a pellet stove because hes getting old and is selling me 3 cords cheep. I just have to borrow my bros truck and go get it. I should have enough wood ftile 2012 after this score. If I didnt just score this wood Id probably try and get what you just posted.

just about to hook up the trailer and pick up load of free oak - will report back on quality and quantity!

Any luck with the wood Llamaman ?

great score - all oak, maybe 25% split and the rest cut to length already - right by street and I am guessing about 1-1.5 cords worth - picked up a trailer load and at least two more there - I am in my second year and am starting to develop a nice inventory of scrounged wood - need to pick up couple more pallets tomorrow - this stuff is for next year at the earliest - about 85 and humid today but tomorrow should be a better day to go grab another load - I am and Irish tighta-s and love free anything!

Good score, do you have a splitter or you do it the old fashioned way, wait, you said your cheap, i imagine you have a used fiskars :lol:

bought Fiskars last year with 25% off coupon at Ace Hardware - also have big maul I got at Ocean State Job Lot about 15 years ago -I will have to learn how to post pictures - probably won't split any today as I will be trying out my "new" pressure washer I picked up at the dump mall area last week - was out in Worcester area the other day - have they bulldozed the old mall yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.