Pittsburgh Area CL Ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snigg

Apr 10, 2013
Pittsburgh
Just a heads up for anyone in the Pittsburgh area......

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/zip/3825931753.html
Free fire wood / very easy access (Mt Lebanon)

3K23Fb3L95L25Me5J8d5obe8540a4ed561b91.jpg
Had to have a big oak tree taken out. Large chunks are near the road. Bring your wheelbarrow and chainsaw. Call my cell for the address 412 596 6598.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3825931753

Posted: 2013-05-24, 10:01AM EDT

email to a friend

Reactions: ScotO
nice, right along the road.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/zip/3786003037.html

Free Hardwood Firewood (Presto (near Carnegie))
Powered by LeafletTerms
Hilltop Road at Forsythe
3Ka3Mb3J45K65H35J5d5ndfc3d270092d1101.jpg

Free wood cut down last week. Could possibly

You must take all. Requires a walk across the yard to where you can park so bring a wheelbarrow if you have it and I will help you load it.

There are a few pieces with duct tape labels that need to stay.

There is also a large downed tres that you are welcome to take if you feel like cutting it up.
Hilltop Road at Forsythe (google map) (yahoo map)
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

wish my craigslist had post like this

I was noticing this morning how many free wood ads are piling up on the Pittsburgh CL. I've seen ads for cords of already-bucked locust reposted after several days, presumably because there's still a lot of wood left. I guess it's not surprising that supply sometimes exceeds demand, given that the area is just chock-full of hardwood trees, homeowners would rather not pay to have them hauled away, and few people heat with wood because it's urban enough that everyone has a natural gas furnace.

Pity the poor homeowners who are posting the 'please cut my tree down and take away all the wood and brush for free' ads; there's no shortage of them either.

That is the one thing I love about Western and Northern PA in general - how green it is. From being online, most people in the rest of the country haven't a clue as to how little urban concrete sprawl we have here.

That is the one thing I love about Western and Northern PA in general - how green it is. From being online, most people in the rest of the country haven't a clue as to how little urban concrete sprawl we have here.

Ha ha! You are such a kidder. Nothing but concrete and asphalt jungle here in the dirty, stinky polluted buckle of the Rust Belt. Move along-nothing to see here.

(Shhh! Stop talking about our little piece of paradise. We all know that leads to big city folk moving in, developing cookie cutter neighborhoods, and passing bushels of stupid nanny state laws.)

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Ha ha! You are such a kidder. Nothing but concrete and asphalt jungle here in the dirty, stinky polluted buckle of the Rust Belt. Move along-nothing to see here.

(Shhh! Stop talking about our little piece of paradise. We all know that leads to big city folk moving in, developing cookie cutter neighborhoods, and passing bushels of stupid nanny state laws.)

;)
Crowded, just above freezing & mosquitoes hatching faster than cicadas here today. ;)
No parking places at Walmart, parking lot full of campers. Spring fighting for a foot hold :)

Reactions: TreePointer
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/zip/3786003037.html

Free Hardwood Firewood (Presto (near Carnegie))