1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Free wood i dont want

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Butcher, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    High winds took down a big boxelder tree and plopped it right on top of 2 of our green houses. Took me 5 hours to clean op the mess and I told my guys on the landscapeing crew to take it home for camp far wood. It will be about a 4 grand fix to get the houses back into shape.
    IMG_1931 (2).jpg IMG_1933 (2).jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Wow, how much wind did you have to shred the tree like that?!! I know Boxelders aren't all that tough, but still...
    Bad deal about the damage. I see some of the frame is bent but there must be more than that to cost that kind of money...or no?
  3. bassJAM

bassJAM Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cincinnati OH
    That stinks. Several years ago as kids my sister and a friend of hers where almost flattened by a large box elder. They were taking a walk, it got a little windy, and my sister heard the tree snapped. Luckily she looked up in time and saw it falling her way and was able to push her friend. It fell right were they were standing. I'm not a huge fan of box elder.