Free Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironworker

Burning Hunk
Dec 3, 2011
Upstate NY
Saw an ad on Graigslist for a guy in Wayne NJ who is giving away truckloads of soft wood logs, sorry I could not copy it, it was under free stuff.

Free is well.... FREE! If it is close by I would at least take a look or if they are offereing to deliver have it dropped off. Although I have unlimited space to CSS all the wood I can handle and then some. If it is of poor quality I would use it in my fire pit so that we stayed off the good stuff for bon fires and outside fun. If space were at all limited you may be looking for quality over quantity and have some of your valuable storage space tied up with junk so taking a look would be best in that situation. If it is solid it would make good shoulder season and kindling wood.

BobUrban said:
Free is well.... FREE! If it is close by I would at least take a look or if they are offereing to deliver have it dropped off. Although I have unlimited space to CSS all the wood I can handle and then some. If it is of poor quality I would use it in my fire pit so that we stayed off the good stuff for bon fires and outside fun. If space were at all limited you may be looking for quality over quantity and have some of your valuable storage space tied up with junk so taking a look would be best in that situation. If it is solid it would make good shoulder season and kindling wood.

+1 - can't go wrong with free unless it's punky/rotten. I have a friend who has some old pine logs that he will not burn so I told him I'd be glad to take them. As long as it's free and not rotten I am there!

Status
Not open for further replies.