Free wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYLife

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2012
Mohegan Lake NY
I been so lucky with all the trees that came down during the storm. Can't wait for my splitter to come in so I can split the rest of it. I don't mind doing it by hand because its a great work out only if I had more time on my hands image.jpg

yes a splitter makes it nice, especially for those knarly rounds and when you don't have any time on your hands. I, too, like to split by hand......that's the only way I used to do it. But we've gotten SO busy with this tree removal venture, that it builds up VERY fast. The splitter makes it a cakewalk (so to speak), but every once in a while when I get the hankering, I get the old "war axe" out.....

Looks like you are doing fine with out the splitter.
You are very close to becoming addicted;
you want more time to cut wood, ordered a splitter & are having fun doing it.
We understand :)

I been so lucky with all the trees that came down during the storm. Can't wait for my splitter to come in so I can split the rest of it. I don't mind doing it by hand because its a great work out only if I had more time on my handsView attachment 74635

Good that you get the damage from the storms. Yes, splitting by hand can be good but time can also be our enemy.

Just a little hint. When you are cribbing the ends, spread those two splits wider and they will be stronger. If you want the whole thing filled, it is a great place to store kindling or even just for a place to put those small limbs you cut. Check how we did these ends.

Ends-6.JPGWood-3-4-10c.JPG

Reactions: NYLife and PapaDave
Looks like you are doing fine with out the splitter.
You are very close to becoming addicted;
you want more time to cut wood, ordered a splitter & are having fun doing it.
We understand :)
I feel like an addict I been pulling over every time I see wood. I just need to get my own stihl but my brothers is doing just fine. My wife calls me nuts but she will be happy when there is no oil be like before oh yeah

That's a pretty nice woodshed in the back right corner of the pic. Once the wood gets dry, get it in there.;lol
Kidding, of course, but nice haul.
Lmao I'm actually gonna build one in a few weeks with my buddy. I need to build one that fits at least 5 cords

Just do addition on the side of the existing. Maybe a lean-to style?:cool:
Kids might object.
They wouldn't mind becuz when the spring comes back around they will enjoy this monster one I'm getting them from bj's and I will use the kiddie one to store some wood lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.