1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Q&A Freestanding oil heat furnace

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

QandA New Member Staff Member

Question:

I just bought a old cottage in Iowa. In the living room is a Siegler oil burning furnace in great condition. The stove pipe is single walled. I'm remodeling the cottage and putting in a vaulted ceiling. I need to know two things. Is Siegler Company still a round and do you have any ideas on what if anything I need to do different in putting in the stove pipe through the ceiling? Thanks for your help.

Answer:

We are the wood stove and fireplace guys, so the brand of an oil furnace would not be in our area of expertise.

However, we do know about single wall pipe and it's uses. Single pipe should never extend through a wall or ceiling and is only used as a "chimney connector", not as a chimney. This means that it should all be visible when you are in the room with the furnace and that it should connect to a real masonry or metal (class A) chimney.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.