Fresh air intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highbeam said:
That metal plate is part of the door frame and is the side of the secondary burn chamber. The ceiling of the firebox slopes up like that. I suppose they could have used a smaller side door since the top of the current door does nothing for loadability but it would look funny if the top of the front and side doors weren't at the same height.

That's what I was thinking since it was sloped. Have you ever measured the firebox? When I had my Homestead they claimed a 2cu ft box and after I measured it was much less. I'm thinking Hearthstone includes everything above the baffle as part of the firebox as well?

sawdustburners said:
...so now i seek something to swallow

Nice alliteration. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.