Fresh Firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Was out for a walk today and took pictures of some of the wood I cut, split, and stacked this winter, since December:
IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

quads said:
Was out for a walk today and took pictures of some of the wood I cut, split, and stacked this winter, since December:

Holy crap what can I say?!?! That is one awesome firewood collection! Great job!!

Ray

some wood say its not modest to flaunt your wealth.

nojo said:

So true next thing you know he'll be showing off his cattle lol :lol:

Ray

Does the Beagle chase deer & come back when hungry?
I noticed the leash.
Nice collection of pyramids.

I feel really inadequate. Thanks

Great stacks!

raybonz said:
quads said:

Holy crap what can I say?!?! That is one awesome firewood collection! Great job!!

Ray
Thanks! That's not counting the 2, 3, 4... year old stuff.

Jags said:
What ya got split now Quads? 'Bout 20 cord or so?
Altogether, in varying stages of seasoning, I keep at least 25 real cord on hand. It's hard to put an exact figure on it, because I have it spread all over the place.

nojo said:
Ha! Not that I'm trying to brag, just proud of my hard work. Had to tell somebody, wife doesn't care!

raybonz said:
nojo said:

Ray
Part of the herd, when the weather was warmer last Fall and they were roaming the pasture:
IMG_4713.jpg

bogydave said:
Does the Beagle chase deer & come back when hungry?
I noticed the leash.
Nice collection of pyramids.
Well, when I go riding my bicycle everybody's dogs chase me. And it's the law here that they have to be on a leash, so I keep my dogs leashed except when they are in the fenced-in area in the backyard. Also, the road I live on is like the racetrack at Daytona, except they're trucks full of potatoes! Makes mush out of the dogs and cats pretty fast.

basswidow said:
I feel really inadequate. Thanks

Great stacks!
Aw shucks, it ain't nothin'. Pretty soon you'll be giving it away too.

quads said:
nojo said:
Ha! Not that I'm trying to brag, just proud of my hard work. Had to tell somebody, wife doesn't care!

I know exactly what you mean! My wife doesn't understand why I like to walk to the wood and inspect it for checks, bark falling off etc... Only a hardcore woodburner gets "it"... She does keep it burning though and that is appreciated...

Ray

quads said:
raybonz said:
nojo said:

Ray
Part of the herd, when the weather was warmer last Fall and they were roaming the pasture:
IMG_4713.jpg

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is just 2 funny!!! :ahhh:

Ray

Cripes, Quads! Are you stocking up for the next millennium?

Looks great!

Great looking dog, too - we had a beagle at one time - he had the most embarrassing 'bay' I've ever heard!

Shari

Shari said:
Cripes, Quads! Are you stocking up for the next millennium?

Looks great!

Great looking dog, too - we had a beagle at one time - he had the most embarrassing 'bay' I've ever heard!

Shari
Thanks! She's pretty quiet, as far as beagles go. She can really bugle when she wants to though. The old yellow lab mix (Goldie) was out walking too but not in that picture. She usually lags behind the beagle (Snoopy).

raybonz said:
quads said:
raybonz said:
nojo said:

Ray

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is just 2 funny!!! :ahhh:

Ray
Ha! If you can believe this, I probably have more pictures of the cows than I do of the firewood.

So you're saying the cows built these strange pyramids of wood ? ;-P

That should keep you warm for a few years !

quads said:
nojo said:

Quads is the rumor true, that plane that flys over is actually delivering wood!

Great job.

zap

zapny said:
quads said:
nojo said:

Quads is the rumor true, that plane that flys over is actually delivering wood!

Great job.

zap
Just have to remember to wear my hardhat!

Nice job quads. That does give me the idea of now stacking more where I cut it instead of always trying to lug it up close to the house. Better to wait for the right conditions, or when you need it. Do you have to milk those cows too? Must keep you busy, but it is good to know you have enough wood and food to last for generations.

Quad - I see in your signature that you are a maul swinger -- did you split that all by hand????????

Status
Not open for further replies.