Friendly lumber mills and free stack covers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
Stopped by a local lumber mill to pick up some really nice 5/4 red oak in 5.5" x 10' sections for a custom mud room bench. While there, I noticed all of the covers they use to keep the wood dry when it is in transit. I asked if I could have a few if they were just tossing them out, and he gave me 5 of them. Two are 16' long.

Gotta love free tarps for the winter! I never would have known about that tip if I hadn't read it here.

Reactions: Woody Stover
While not a wood burner, I keep the top covers from the pellets to re-use. Nice that you helped them get rid of some of their waste while getting top covers for your stacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.