Froling Turbo 3000???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Durango said:
The smallest Garn has twice the output of the largest US sold Froling so it is a bit difficult doing a direct comparison.

1500 gallons of storage is a going to cost a lot, I do not have my figures to hand but I think the 1500 is about $14k

Installation is cheaper because it is one box, for me a major saving is the ability to vent horizontally and avoid a few thousand on a suitable chimney.

The Garn Barn is a wash, I need to put whatever I have somewhere, the separation of boiler and storage may make it more practical for others not to need a separate building.

The Froling is more high tech, more efficient, has an auto feed model, pellets, but that one is seriously expensive.

Chalk and cheese.

Basement boiler vs outdoor boiler is apples and oranges (or chalk and cheese).

I grew up and live on a farm in New England and have done my share of working outside year round.

However, I would have a hard sell getting my, imported from out of state professional type, wife to go outside and feed a garn.

A basement install of a smoke free Froling or Tarm is VERY civilized.

Dave B said:
However, I would have a hard sell getting my, imported from out of state professional type, wife to go outside and feed a garn..

Darn high maintenance imports LOL :shut:

kabbott said:
Dave B said:
However, I would have a hard sell getting my, imported from out of state professional type, wife to go outside and feed a garn..

Darn high maintenance imports LOL :shut:

And if you did have a garn and she went out to feed it she might not come back in.... ever heard a woman say "its not the size that matters" :kiss:

good point... you keep that up and you will make the quotes in my sig. :grrr: ha ha

Once you go Garn ...............................

Hi all, sorry to be delinquent, I was on the road all last week. I have enjoyed catching up on the chalk to apples comparison! Good stuff. OK, a couple of responses due:

1. Yes, the Fröling FHG-L and the Tarm Solo Innova have both come down in price for 2009. Prices as posted earlier.

2. If there is a major fault in the FHG control board, the boiler shuts down completely because the fan is controlled off of this board (no 'dumb gasifier' mode). Normally, of course, these boilers are installed in conjunction with some kind of fossil fuel back up boiler so, in that case, the house would at least not go cold. Parts are stocked here in Lyme.

3. So, if size matters, is a Garn owner over compensating for feelings of inadequacy? My dream system involves a 1000 gallon vertical LP tank for storage......guess I shouldn't talk! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.