From Dog Kennel to Woodshed (New Baby Pics added)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Didnt know to post this in the Woodshed or The Gear..... Its Gear for my Wood. Either way, here is the story. Have been burning wood in my Fireplace for 10 years now. Had Pellet stoves for years. Just got my Englander 30-NC and a splitter. Picked up 2 new saws too. I bought some of the "Kits" from Amazon to build racks (also in pics). But as I was setting these racks in place...... I realized I had a Dog Kennel that had not been used in years... So I removed the Dog House. Sided the back of the kennel (North Side) and laid down some skids... Probably not the best Wood Shed out there.. But its gonna work.... Went from Not being used.. To......... Well I would say being filled this week..

But..................................

My Ol' Lady is due to give Birth on the 25th. She goes to the Doc tomorrow morning. So I may not be C/S/S anything this week. Figured I can Post pics of the Shed. Then some pics of my daughter in a few days. She wont be no bigger than a "Split"....... I cant wait. . . Been waiting 9 months to meet her. My 9 yr old is excited too. He wants to meet his Sister too. Good times are coming... And coming soon...

Attachments

• Big Rack.jpg
    Big Rack.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 538
  • another view of racks.jpg
    another view of racks.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 527
  • #1 Woodshed.jpg
    #1 Woodshed.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 521
  • backside of shed.jpg
    backside of shed.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 550
Excellent use for that kennel.

Looks great. Yank those pallets and trim out that grass/ weeds. Give it a bit more air flow. I'm guessing at 3.75-4 cord, if you go tall.

Great wood shed. Roof & lots of air circulation.
Weed killer then an old tarp under the pallets before you fill it to keep the weeds out.
Like Beetle said more air & pallets will last longer.

Less propane this coming winter :) :)

bogydave said:
Great wood shed. Roof & lots of air circulation.
Weed killer then an old tarp under the pallets before you fill it to keep the weeds out.
Like Beetle said more air & pallets will last longer.

Less propane this coming winter :) :)

With the pellet stove's, I have not used LP in 3 yrs. Used to go through 3-4 tanks a year (3 yrs ago) now its a Tank every 3 years. Only thing we use it for now, is cooking.

Dexter, it looks good. We also wish you and your wife a happy addition to the family. May it all go well and congratulations to you.

Well her she is......... She was delivered last night at 10:18 pm. 7 lbs 20 inches, as big as a Good Oak Split.. But much more beautiful.... My 9 yr old is so excited to have a sister.

Attachments

• My baby Mikayla 5-27-2011 3-13-28 PM.jpg
    My baby Mikayla 5-27-2011 3-13-28 PM.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG00407-20110526-2236.jpg
    IMG00407-20110526-2236.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 429
Congratulations
You forget how small they are pretty easy.
We just had new Granddaughter 6 lb-3 @ 19". 10 days old. Must be that time of year. Spring :)

Wow. Congratulations. She is beautiful--cheeks like tea roses, and looks like a red-head from here. Seems a fine, staunch, and healthy little thing. Good times coming, indeed . . . the best.

you do good work, including the latest addition to the family. Enjoy the little one. Whats the sweet girls name?

Mikayla Ann Keathley... 7 lbs 20 inches.. Almost like a dark dirty blonde hair. Just like her Mom. She is beautiful. I can't get enough of her.

DexterDay said:
Well her she is......... She was delivered last night at 10:18 pm. 7 lbs 20 inches, as big as a Good Oak Split.. But much more beautiful.... My 9 yr old is so excited to have a sister.

Very Cute....Sounds like Big brother is Proud!

Congratulations! A wonderful addition to the family. I predict she will bring you much joy and a bit of heart ache. I pray the joy will outweigh the other. It is also great that your 9 year old is happy too. I recall when our second child was born. For some time before he was born we kept talking to our other son about how he was going to be lucky to have a brother or sister very soon. We never spoke to him that we'd have a baby, but always we spoke of his brother or his sister. We tried to always make it sound like it was his. Then when we brought his brother home he was so excited and the first thing we did was to have him sit on the couch. When we placed his brother on his lap he just looked so proud! It made us so happy.... Many, many moons ago....

And look at those fingers--what pretty little hands. My, my. (Had to stop back for another peek at her.)

Well...... We finally came home today around noon. (5 Days i hospital) Some of her levels for Jaundice were a little high. We went in the hospital on Wed at 5:30 p.m. Came home today. Last night and the night before I came home (11pm-6am) because we have 2 dogs and a cat. (Had friends and family take care of them the previous days).
Came home today and split up almost another half cord with my 9 yr old Son.... He hates carrying pellets. Hates everything about them. Heavy Bags, Always cleaning the stoves. But man does he LOVE Running that Splitter. He feels like such a Man out there helping me. He loves the whole aspect of the woodburner because he has helped load up the fireplace for years now.... I love it.
Cant wait for my little girl to start helping out. She still has a few years to go, but I have all the time to wait for her. She is a cutie..... Daddy's little girl... Never wanted a girl.. Always hoped for another boy. Till I laid my eyes on her...... I'm Hooked.... She has me wrapped around her finger, and she don't even know it. I hope everyone out there with children know how blessed they truly are.. To see something that beautiful and not believe in a higher power... I cant get over her. Been almost 10 years since the birth of my Son. Its hard to believe I almost forgot the "Magic" involved with a "New Child"........ I feel so much younger, and I'm not that old... She brings out the kid in me....

aaaaw shucks! Congrats!! Wish my daughter would give us a lil one just like her!

And you thought oak took a long time to season ..... congrats and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.