From Logs to Pellets - A nice story about the old Pellet Master with the rotating ring around the cr

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Here is a nice story to sit and read in front of your wood pellet fire!!

From http://theHowZone.com

Inside a Pellet Stove
Logs to Pellets
http://thehowzone.com/how/PelletStove

Also here is an old Pellet Master stove for sale on CL !! It may need some paint :)
http://burlington.craigslist.org/for/2770062755.html

See pics below of Pellet Master multi-fuel stove and rotating ring around crucible!

Looks like those air jets should be under the pellets not over the pellets. That may explain the funny looking flame!
Oh well hind sight is 20/20 !!

Attachments

• PelletMaster.jpg
    PelletMaster.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 585
  • PelletMasterCrucible.jpg
    PelletMasterCrucible.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 661
  • PelletMasterCrucibleGear.jpg
    PelletMasterCrucibleGear.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 753
  • PelletMasterFlame.jpg
    PelletMasterFlame.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 505
5N85V65H23n63L53Febcq591e5ecf3e5d1f24.jpg

5F75H45Jc3K43M93H3bcq8f719063323a15e2.jpg

whats not to like.....HA. looks like a monster!

There are still corn burners (multi fuel) out there that still utilize the rotating pot. From what I gather, they are bottom feed. The fuel comes up through the bottom of the pot.

Not seeing an auger drop chute?? Is this a bottom feed?

DexterDay said:
There are still corn burners (multi fuel) out there that still utilize the rotating pot. From what I gather, they are bottom feed. The fuel comes up through the bottom of the pot.

another hotlink...
img.php

DexterDay said:

Yes, it is a bottom feed Dexter. That is why it can burn 3 weeks without a cleaning!

I just repaired (cleaned) one of these for a couple a few weeks ago. Worked much better after removing all that pet hair from her dog grooming business!

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 291
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 338
  • IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 295
I just repaired (cleaned) one of these for a couple a few weeks ago. Worked much better after removing all that pet hair from her dog grooming business!

Wow, nice pics kilbury! Thanks

Just saw another one for sale for $600 he bought new for $4,000!

Does it throw out good heat? Is it easy to clean? How does the control panel work?

See
http://reno.craigslist.org/app/3128108939.html

Pellet Master pellet stove. Used. Everything works like the fan,auger, and controls. It has keep fire,low,med,high settings for the feed rate with low/high for the fan. It is on the Washoe County "ok" list. Comes with extra auger bushings and the owner's/user's manual. It has a 4" flue connection in back left corner. It has a 50-60lb pellet hopper. Can be controlled with a wall thermostat. No flue parts are included. No hearth is included. I bought a new $4,000 stove so I don't need this one. I used the existing flue and hearth for the new stove. It's dusty in these pics.

Attachments

• PelletMasterStove1.jpg
    PelletMasterStove1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 256
  • PelletMasterStove2.jpg
    PelletMasterStove2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 258
  • PelletMasterStove3.jpg
    PelletMasterStove3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 218
Pellet Master made a hell of stove. There was a dealer in Arlington, MA that sold a ton of these and I still work on 4 or 5 I think. They don't often need very much. The air wash is usually clogged something terrible and the natural draft models usually have a fair amount of creosote in the exchanger but other than that, they clean up well and will probably run for another 20 years. The Stove Doc has a good amount of tech lit on his website.

Pellet Master made a hell of stove. There was a dealer in Arlington, MA that sold a ton of these and I still work on 4 or 5 I think. They don't often need very much. The air wash is usually clogged something terrible and the natural draft models usually have a fair amount of creosote in the exchanger but other than that, they clean up well and will probably run for another 20 years. The Stove Doc has a good amount of tech lit on his website.

The design is certainly very fascinating. Thanks Scott for the first hand knowledge of how they work!

Status
Not open for further replies.