From this to THIS!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
This spring:
100_4620.jpg

Now: & even got my camp fire wood on pallets today.

Attachments

• 100_5241.jpg
    100_5241.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 684
  • 100_5242.jpg
    100_5242.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 682
  • 100_5235.jpg
    100_5235.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 670
Lookin really good Dave! Has the "chill in the air" arrived yet? I know it's going to be in the low 50's at night in SoVT this weekend. Although, I think you're just "a bit" farther north than that..... :lol:

Looks great Dave.

Wood just seems to look better when it's under cover . . . and ready to burn. I know I always get a good feeling when I look out at my full woodshed and realize that the days of digging out wood from under the snow and ice-covered tarps in middle of a snowstorm are in the past.

Very nice Dave! Even the campfire wood!

That shed is awesome!! If I had the room I might steal your plans. Actually I might be able to scale down :p That is a great set you've got there!!

we're not worthy... we're not worthy....

;)

well done.

Dave, you will be rewarded from all that work. My hat is off to you. Excellent work.

Gol Dang Dave. That is a prodigious stash. I'm surprised there are any trees left standing there.

Beetle-Kill said:
C'mon bogydave, get the roof finished already! Quit slackin' :lol:

Roof is finished, well I need to add one more tarp to cover the last section. ;)
Wife gets to pick the color this time, LOL

I'd like to do metal roof but $$cost more that a few rolls of tar based roofing.
we'll see which way I go. (I'm curious too) been watching CL for some metal roofing (multi color OK too)
I got about 8 weeks to decide & "get-er-done"

Thanks everyone,

Dave, what about a galvanized corrugated roof? 29 guage panels from stock yard supply run about $9-12.00 for a 28"x 7'-10' panel. Just a thought.

AWESOME work on the shed.
Dave, I remember last Dec. when you were posting about putting up a woodshed. I also remember all those stacks of wood under tarps. What a difference a few months (and a lot of work) makes.
I now have shed envy. I had originally thought of making mine 20-24'x10', but went with 16'x10' instead. That gives me enough for the winter, and then some, but I may do an addition next year too.
Put down the tools. You DESERVE a rest.

KennyG said:
Holy woodpile, Batman

+1.

Wow. That's a dense shed of wood!
Is it mostly seasoned before you stack it?
Do you have any stored inside for the winter, or do you carry it in as you need it?

I lived in Anchorage for 9 years, and Fairbanks for 2. Miss the mountains terribly.
Happy burning!

That must be quite a feeling to stand back and admire what you did. My hat is off to you sir. That was a beautiful sight.

You keep it up and you'll take top spot as my new American Wood Idol, lol.

Beetle-Kill said:
Dave, what about a galvanized corrugated roof? 29 guage panels from stock yard supply run about $9-12.00 for a 28"x 7'-10' panel. Just a thought.

Thanks
Wow good price.
I checked Lowes & HD, about $20 - 24 here for 8' X28". 48' shed length, 24 pieces.
I need 8' + lengths. I made the roof 8' so plywood fit easy. roofing I think should extend over the plywood an inch or so on both end.

maplewood said:
KennyG said:
Holy woodpile, Batman

+1.

Wow. That's a dense shed of wood!
Is it mostly seasoned before you stack it?
Do you have any stored inside for the winter, or do you carry it in as you need it?

I lived in Anchorage for 9 years, and Fairbanks for 2. Miss the mountains terribly.
Happy burning!

Some was seasoned 1- 2 years, in left section
some still need time middle & right section
The spruce is drying the fastest & should be usable after mid winter.
1/4 cord inside, last 10 days +/- & fill as needed.

Fairbanks :bug: -30 to -40 normal day in winter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.