From Up Top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We took the the old GMC back in today so we could haul out some shoulder season wood from up top. Two loads went in the truck which the wife brought home then I brought a partial load home with the rhino then stacked it. The back rack was stacked before today with part of the first rack also stacked before today.

We still have another three loads that I need to bring down, but the chains will need to go on the back tires before another run is made, the trail up is getting slick.(ice)

Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• 100_4510.jpg
    100_4510.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 656
  • 100_4512.jpg
    100_4512.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 658
  • 100_4513.jpg
    100_4513.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 644
  • 100_4514.jpg
    100_4514.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 655
  • 100_4516.jpg
    100_4516.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 649
  • 100_4523.jpg
    100_4523.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 656
  • 100_4524.jpg
    100_4524.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 652
Is this supply coming from where you split it to a pile, or from your supply to your house? Nice amount of wood never the less. Great your wife its always helping. I know most men aren't so fortunate. Be well zap.

Split in the woods, left in a pile in the woods then brought back to stack by the house. If I could get four cord cut I will but I'm thinking Mother Nature will cut loose with some lake effect in the next couple of weeks.

zap

We'll see. This weather has been very abnormal. Those lake effect came so far south last week. Temps way above average. What is your elevation?

996 feet.

zap

I'd like to bag all the summits up your way. Mt. Marcy, ect. Gotta get done the presidentials first though. Be well.

Once again all of zap's wood piles are perfect! It's getting old zap. Lol....:)

I see your giants won and those yellow towel waving steeler (bogydave) fans got tebowed! Yippee.....

wishlist said:
Once again all of zap's wood piles are perfect! It's getting old zap. Lol....:)

I see your giants won and those yellow towel waving steeler (bogydave) fans got tebowed! Yippee.....

The Giants vs Green Bay should be a great game, especially if the Giants defense shows up, 8 point spread from what I heard on Imus in the Morning.

Zap

Zap, I'm surprised you are cutting up top with snow on the ground. I went up top with you so know what you are fighting with! Better to do that with no snow.

Sav, I'm just hauling it out but once I put the chains on it will be a easy going. The worst part of Sunday was when I was getting the last of the wood from inside the bed of the truck(had to jump up inside), had just enough snow & ice underneath which made it like glass, the boots started to slide out from underneath me...caught myself just in time.

zap

zapny said:
Sav, I'm just hauling it out but once I put the chains on it will be a easy going. The worst part of Sunday was when I was getting the last of the wood from inside the bed of the truck(had to jump up inside), had just enough snow & ice underneath which made it like glass, the boots started to slide out from underneath me...caught myself just in time.

zap
Be careful Zap, don't mess up your back! Some of us can tell you, that "ain't" good :red:

You are still able to drive in the fence posts?
Nice stacks & pictures. You almost have winter :)

tfdchief, the back is good, was worried more about the teeth because I was going down face first.

bogydave, still pounding post, some colder weather coming in so this might be the last two weeks for that. I'll be spending time getting that area ready for more stacking, I would like another rack in front of the other two plus three more racks next to that, if I can fill those it will give us close to another four true cord or like they say in New York, 12 face cord!

God I love racks! ;-)

zap

zapny said:

zap

Zap, get a hookaroon/pickaroon and you'll never again have to jump up on a pickup bed to get those pieces up front. Makes your arms longer, in effect. Great also for dragging big pieces or picking up pieces on the ground without bending. Not to mention, keeps your hands out of harm's way.

Just got one myself a couple of months ago. Wondering why the wait.

zapny said:
will give us four true cord or like they say in New York, 12 face cord!

God I love racks! ;-)

zap

They, you mean WE.
How many cords in a rack, (or rick, or a stacked rack of ricks) or what ever you are talking about
Still looks good what ever or how much it is :lol: LOL

CTYank, I was just looking the other morning at our local shop,(Wood Chop Shop) not when I'll pick one up.

For the face cord group, two per rack, for the cord group .62 of a cord.

zap

Big cold blast coming your way!

smokinjay said:

I just was looking at the weather report, looks like you're in for some ice before us.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

I just was looking at the weather report, looks like you're in for some ice before us.

zap

Seems to hit us first and moves to the east coast. I just put up a face cord of milling ends to spike the furnace with come Thursday A.M.. Been a very easy winter though.

We're still burning Cherry but have some nice ironwood inside (for the last three weeks) for the colder nights, still won't touch the sugar maple or beech.

zap

In the last pic, split number 87 appears to be about a half inch longer than the rest...better git on that.... :p :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
In the last pic, split number 87 appears to be about a half inch longer than the rest...better git on that.... :p :lol:

I noticed that too gamma, glad somebody spoke up. Zap is probably hand planning split 87 already. I'm sure we will get updated pics with the "white arrow" showing its been fixed. ;)

Zap- you're takin a lot of cr** from these guys! all in good fun,though. regardless,you do a wonderful job of firewood gittin and makin! keep up the good work! kentucky art

artmos, the wishlist guy seems like a good guy but this Gamma chick got TEBOWED last weekend, looks like she'll be pissed off for another year.

zap ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.