Frost warning in NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just got a frost warning from my WeatherBug warning alert on the computer ( weather.weatherbug.com).

Starting from 2am till 8Am, and even more of a chance tomorrow (Tues) night.

OK pelletheads.....the cold is approaching...fire up those stoves!!!!

It's 46 degrees here now, and the Astoria Bay has the main flloor a nice 69-71 degrees on LOW heat and LOW blower.....this thing pumps out some heat!

We have had 5 frosts so far and yes my bug is chriping away once again. Sat morning it was 26, sunday morning was 28 and this am was 29. It will be colder tonight i'm thinkin. Its just to early for this......

Ive had my Quad 1200-I fired up since last thursday when it was installed.my house has been nice and warm and i love my new stove.looking forward to winter now.screw the oil guy.

No frost warning around these parts, it has been above average temp. around here the last few days. Today it is going to be in the upper 70's to low 80's. But I sure am glad your stoves are doing great.

I am hoping my dealer will call today and come and see what is wrong with my new insert, but for right now I don't need the heat. I don't want to make anyone mad but it would suit me just fine to have a mild winter and not even need the heat, wishful thinking I know.

But I am sure glad your stoves are working great up north.

Be cafefull what you wish for.
The oil man is still your friend for hot water, and pellets are not free. I for one don't enjoy $4.00+ home heating #2 oil, but a $4000+ pellet stove and pipe plus pellets plus labor to maintain still cost more that the oil man you never see. I figure it will take me 4-5 years to break even on all cost. That being said lets all hope for a mild winter and everyone will be a little better off.

But isn't it nice to see a fire in the living room.

stove has been running here for a week. I installed a Sky tech 3301P last week and programmed it ...house is warm during morning and evening cooler at night and during the day...I like it! low 30's here tonight,..soon that temp will be a heat wave or a January thaw...

Status
Not open for further replies.