Fuego Woodburner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DLT

Jul 29, 2021
Iowa
We have a Fuego woodburner that was installed by a prior owner in the 70s. We're going to pull the insert and probably replace it with a gas insert. I can't find any information on this insert and we're trying to figure out how much the thing weighs before we line up some people to get it out of the house. Anyone have (or had) one of these? Any idea of the weight?

IMG_4987.JPG

A rough guestimate would be 4-500#. Put some pipes down to roll it out, then get some wheels under it and strap it to the cart or appliance dolly.

Reactions: D. Hermit
Is that a Fuego? I remember a very similar stove with a different name the top was supposed to be a secondary burn they were fairly heavy sold in the 70's I believe