Fuel Calibration Harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marc S.

Nov 8, 2019
Cincinnati Ohio
Gotta question regarding my Harman TC Absolute. Since joining this site I have received some great information concerning my stove from cleaning to settings. I began playing around with the Fuel Calibration settings after reading the manual, reading some information in the forum and watching a few of Harman’s videos, which Harman is currently on my chit list. I for the life of me cannot figure out what the Fuel Calibration is for or what is supposed to be the end result. Any information would be appreciated.
20200203_143707.jpg

Attachments

• 20200203_143713.jpg
    20200203_143713.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 149
I believe this just calibrates the fuel usage to estimate the amount of fuel remaining, a problem easily solved by looking in the hopper.

Thanks for posting your thoughts and wants on the Absolute stove. I have one and love it, is my 2nd Harman, previous was a Accentra for 12 years. I have questions my dealer and can't get a good answer either don't feel bad. I guess if someone asks how many pounds of pellets you use a day you can tell them. You can change the hopper size, calibrate to whatever. I guess you can calculate how much you use from one brand to another. And you can update your stove if there is a change in operation which i have never to update using my laptop. Dealer has never contacting on my questions. On the other hand I like the daily 4 time settings for the temperatures. I believe it saves pellets. Anymore thoughts??

Thanks for posting your thoughts and wants on the Absolute stove. I have one and love it, is my 2nd Harman, previous was a Accentra for 12 years. I have questions my dealer and can't get a good answer either don't feel bad. I guess if someone asks how many pounds of pellets you use a day you can tell them. You can change the hopper size, calibrate to whatever. I guess you can calculate how much you use from one brand to another. And you can update your stove if there is a change in operation which i have never to update using my laptop. Dealer has never contacting on my questions. On the other hand I like the daily 4 time settings for the temperatures. I believe it saves pellets. Anymore thoughts??
That's what I do not understand because there is a feed rate and a feed calibration. I dont have any problems but like to know how things work and the purpose for them.