Fuel Economy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Lol

5590D2BB-AF80-4509-9975-49413333B1EE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: woodgeek
I hope he gets a ticket.
A$$hole.
I've heard a windshield broken because folks didn't clear off the snow from their roof. Granted that had subsequently melted and refrozen but it's a hazard for the others on the road nonetheless. Not for oneself but for others. Hence the name calling.

Up north it was all sugars snow. Further south it was some ice too.

This guy was southbound from the area of sugar snow.

1B891332-5DD2-445D-9D62-C74FA6B784DD.jpeg

Even then. One trip, warm car, the bottom melts because the insulation in the roof of the car is poor. Park, and you get a sheet of ice.
Moreover getting a sudden zero visibility powder cloud when I'm going 65 is bad too

Clean off the car before you go. For everyone else's safety.

What is all that white stuff? Our trees are sprouting leaves.

• Haha
Reactions: stoveliker
against the law here. People have been killed from ice sheets flying off of vehicles - our law is named for one such person. I understand it can be tough, and not fun. But, I figure if a 62 year old, 5'5" woman can clear her Explorer from a 6" compacted block of ice (snow/sleet/rain/more snow - then plunging temps), so can other able-bodied people.

Took over an hour (and getting windows/doors cleared so I could start the truck then move it to a sunny location), to get it clean to go into town, but it needs to be done.

Truck cleaned off after storm.jpg

Reactions: stoveliker
Snow does happen. I do clean it off when I do snow removal in the AM. This is before shot. The NART did better than the Jeep getting out of the 1' of Slush (NART - Not a Real Truck - 2023 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition)

IMG_20231202_082023875.jpg

against the law here. People have been killed from ice sheets flying off of vehicles - our law is named for one such person. I understand it can be tough, and not fun. But, I figure if a 62 year old, 5'5" woman can clear her Explorer from a 6" compacted block of ice (snow/sleet/rain/more snow - then plunging temps), so can other able-bodied people.

Took over an hour (and getting windows/doors cleared so I could start the truck then move it to a sunny location), to get it clean to go into town, but it needs to be done.

View attachment 326114
I believe it is too in NY hence my hope for a ticket (=lesson learned).

Reactions: bogieb