1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fuel Feed/Engalnder 25 pdvc

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by HEMI, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEMI

HEMI Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    connecticut
    hey guys, I have noticed that the bottom auger will run dry for about 2 rotations, then will dump in a good amount of fuel but at that time the flame has gone down to the size of a cig lighter or is gone, thus causing some smoke because the new batch of fuel has to relight. my settings are 4-3-1, but have noticed it does this on all the LFF settings. the plate in the hop is wide open.....any other ideas?.....thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. yknotcarpentry

yknotcarpentry New Member

Loc:
    s.maine
    I just adjusted my setting to 4-4-1 on my stove and pretty much maintain a decent fire ( on heat setting 2), occasionaly it will die down but no where near that size. Are the pellets you are using big? I have noticed that bigger pellets take longer to feed through so possibly you need to adjust it to say 6-4-1 which is what my stove was originally set at from the beginning. That is the only downfall of the englander stoves that I have found, it suggests you maintain the factory setting and doesn't explain that operation in the manual. Where the manual for my breckwell big E goes into an almost full page of instruction on it referring to pellet size, quality etc....
    Not sure why this is? At the 6-4-1 setting I would tear through a full hopper overnight, adjusting it to the 4-4-1 I see a huge differance. I would increase the demand for pellets if they are bigger and are "harder" to get into the pot. IF this is not the case then well I don't know possibly the board is sending the wrong info to the top auger making it not run correctly????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.