Fuel Feed/Engalnder 25 pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
hey guys, I have noticed that the bottom auger will run dry for about 2 rotations, then will dump in a good amount of fuel but at that time the flame has gone down to the size of a cig lighter or is gone, thus causing some smoke because the new batch of fuel has to relight. my settings are 4-3-1, but have noticed it does this on all the LFF settings. the plate in the hop is wide open.....any other ideas?.....thanks

I just adjusted my setting to 4-4-1 on my stove and pretty much maintain a decent fire ( on heat setting 2), occasionaly it will die down but no where near that size. Are the pellets you are using big? I have noticed that bigger pellets take longer to feed through so possibly you need to adjust it to say 6-4-1 which is what my stove was originally set at from the beginning. That is the only downfall of the englander stoves that I have found, it suggests you maintain the factory setting and doesn't explain that operation in the manual. Where the manual for my breckwell big E goes into an almost full page of instruction on it referring to pellet size, quality etc....
Not sure why this is? At the 6-4-1 setting I would tear through a full hopper overnight, adjusting it to the 4-4-1 I see a huge differance. I would increase the demand for pellets if they are bigger and are "harder" to get into the pot. IF this is not the case then well I don't know possibly the board is sending the wrong info to the top auger making it not run correctly????

Status
Not open for further replies.