1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Fuel wood price comparisons

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by North of 60, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. North of 60

North of 60 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Yukon Canada
    Hope the scan & re-size worked here.
    Thought Id share this with you out of our classifieds. Wood is either spruce or pine. @ $5 a gallon for fuel oil it shows how
    it dictates wood prices. Even in the land of plenty. If anything this post will answer that yes you can burn pine and actually pay for it. :red:

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Ouch! Down here they give Pine away for free and a cord of Oak is $150. I'm burning free Pine right now. A buddy of mine just told me heating oil dropped below $3.00 per gl.
  3. North of 60

Loc:
    Yukon Canada
    A $1.23 A litre doesn't work out to $3.50 a gallon here. We even get a fuel surcharge on our fuel.
  4. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shelton, WA
    If I lived in Yukon I'd cut all my own limbs off before I payed for firewood.
  5. North of 60

Loc:
    Yukon Canada
    I get 95% of my own fire wood. This year I was working out of town alot so I did get a load of log length to stay ahead of the seasoning game. It works out substantially less. I live here so I can live the dream for fishing so removing my limbs is not an option. :p Hard to play a fish without them. For some people that do pay this, do it so their limbs dont freeze off.
  6. flewism

flewism Member

Loc:
    newport MI
    I cut and process my own wood so we are pretty careful about the limb removal. The only wood I've ever bought was a couple of loads of log length a few years ago when the county had their ash removal contract active, this cost me $200 per load 3.5 to 4 cords per load. Log loads are now pushing $100 per cord this year. I get all my wood from selective Craiglist pickups on the way home from work in the city or cutting the local farmers tree lines. The adds I see are between $180 and $225 a cord in the metro area, out by me $150 a cord is pretty standard. One of my buddy's is telling me there is this local retiree that is selling an eight foot pickup load for $40 a load, you pickup, that's about 120 a cord. The wood that he got was all ash.
  7. warm in VT

warm in VT New Member

Loc:
    Northern Vt
    For once we seem to be ahead of things up here in VT! Of course it has to be on rising wood prices :( Log length is running from $100 (if you can find it) to $140 per cord on 6 cord loads. Cut and split firewood is now around $225 green (if you can find any). It has blown my mind what "dry" wood is selling for.......... $350+ per cord!!!!!!!! I have been picking up all I can to help but had to get a load of logs. Still much cheaper than oil. The real bummer is that I have a 50 acre wood lot in Maine but way to cost prohibitive to bring it back here other than trips home to visit my father and throw a pick up load on when I come back. At least I am able to go over every spring to cut his wood for him and keep him all set and ready with his bloved Jotul. :)
  8. myzamboni

myzamboni Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Silicon Valley
    What the heck is waffle wood (see the ad on the bottom left)?
  9. crazy_dan

crazy_dan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    not sure but i here it likes Maples trees for company :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.