Full Cap Over Both Flues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

I recently posted about an issue I was having with fumes from my Oil Furnace being Drawn into the living room fireplace, while running an AC and having the windows closed. It would seem to be a drafting issue. BUT , during research I visited another Web Forum(Sorry), BobVilla.( Remember Him). I was told That I couldnt have my Chimney Capped with a Complete Multi Flue Cap and that The Two Flues, one for the Oil Furnace and the other for my Pellet Stove(this has a 4" Liner complete to the top) should be capped seperately. The Cap is from Gelco, and the company website shows clearly this is normal.
Any one have any experience with this.
Apreciate any advice.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.