Fun in the sun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Osage

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2011
kansas
Yesterday it was in the 40's and sunshine. Couldn't ask for nicer weather to cut and split in.
When I am out in the woods, the nonsense of all that is going on in the world goes away. Maybe that is why some of us enjoy it so much.
I must say though that when your in your 70's it tends to be a little more work than it was years ago. Buy the time I was done "I was leaking oil".

20230217_122524.jpg 20230217_122819.jpg 20230217_123206.jpg 20230217_123312.jpg 20230217_131318.jpg

The tree man is coming in March to take down three big old pecan trees. I'm kind of dreading the cutting up and splitting. But it will be at least 2-3 years of firewood. I'm 72 and have to remind myself of the hernia repair I had last year. Every things gets dragged or rolled, no more picking up those big rounds.

Yeah it’s nice out to cut if the ground has not thawed too much.

Looks like mullberry
Yes it is. It was standing dead with no bark.Have been cutting here for several years. Most of it goes under 15%. Also some Walnut, Hackberry and Hedge. Just across the road from our house.