Funny/annoying CL story

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikefrommaine

The other day I was on CL when a free ad for tree length firewood pops up -- Hardwood about 3 cords down two years. I replied immediately stating that I was interested and could work on their schedule etc.
Three hours later I got an email explaining how they were overwhelmed at the 11 responses but unfortunately I was the second on list. I replied thanking them and asked to be contacted if it fell through. Figured that was the end.

Today I noticed pretty much the same ad from the same town -- only difference was the price $225 if you cut, haul and split.

Someone discovered they had something of value.

At least you didn't show up ready to work before getting turned away.

"You're giving away what for free? Why you could get 75 bucks a cord for that."

Bet they don't get 11 responses now!

smokinjay said:

I would send an email back on the original email, sometimes people do stupid things and come to their senses shortly there after. I would NEVER pay to cut someones tree up. I see it all the time and email that if they decide to pay a tree service vs bubba and a wildthing that I will take the firewood and save them the cost of hauling it. I bet 2 out of 10 times I get the email to come get it... Really, who cares about the other 8 times. I have enough every year! ;-)

burntime said:
smokinjay said:

I would send an email back on the original email, sometimes people do stupid things and come to their senses shortly there after. I would NEVER pay to cut someones tree up. I see it all the time and email that if they decide to pay a tree service vs bubba and a wildthing that I will take the firewood and save them the cost of hauling it. I bet 2 out of 10 times I get the email to come get it... Really, who cares about the other 8 times. I have enough every year! ;-)

Thats a good point. Thank God I am book for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.