Furnace fan to circulate air in the house..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amick780

Jun 27, 2009
Northern New York
Just a idea for some of you with forced hot air furnaces. I changed my thermostat last year to a Lux Products CAG1500 Clean Cycle Clean Air Programmable Thermostat. You can program it to turn on the circulation blower motor on the furnace multiple times an hour to promote air circulation thru the house, and it also helps filter the air in the house since it it running thru the furnace filter. I found it help heat the house more evenly when using the pellet stove.

My Mom uses this way to heat her house. It works just fine. She has a Harmon P68 in the basement and with the fan moving the air around her 45' x 28' house doesn't have to use the oil furnace much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.