Future of Osage Orange

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not do this, but the previous owner of the house did. Loaded too much into the insert and cracked it. Pics are of the top of the insert. it has been replaced......

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: spirilis
Probably performs like a stove filled with too many biobricks. My old Jotul I demolished/recycled this fall had a good crack in its baffle and when the recycler pulled it out of my car and tossed it in the cast iron pile, it shattered to pieces .... That was awesome.

The same guy that did this supplies with some wood. He dropped of some Orange and warned me ahead of time. I plan on using maybe one or two pcs at a time, mixed with ash...When I had it replaced with my Buck, I showed it to him and he was shocked. If I had not bought the house, he would have kept on using that insert.

Reactions: spirilis
Status
Not open for further replies.