FYI: Good Price with Free Shipping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
This deal has free shipping. Most online deals you have $100-$200 shipping. I noticed this model CB00014 has 5 year warranty and includes the blower which is a $100 option on some stoves. With a 2.9CF fire box this is a good size stove letting you load North South at 17-1/4" if needed or load a 20" split in the East West orientation. Alot of stoves are short in the north south orientation.

For anyone looking:

http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5DL-CB00014/Century-EPA-Pedestal-Wood-Stove

I didnt know much info on this brand of stove.

I found out that the Parent Company is SBI, they make Osburn, Drolet, Flame, Enerzone and Century Wood Stoves.

You guys on here that use SBI stoves should give some input like the Englander people do.

Tons of info from users here over the years on Century Stoves. They used to belong to the same people that owned Vermont Castings. GHP group (branded as Pleasant Hearth) picked them up in the U.S. and SBI in Canada after the CFM bankruptcy. Lowe's sells the Pleasant Hearth branded version now made in Indiana.

Moderator fossil burns in a Century stove in his shop.

I looked at these, but the Century 00014 is not HUD/Mobile Home approved. ;(...

The smaller CB 00012 50k BTU is Mobile Home approved though, but not sold at NE.

Lots of places sell Century stoves, incliuding ACE HW and Northern Tool. Free shipping is a good deal though. ACE has free shopping to the nearest ACE store, but they only have 4 Century wood stove models available. To get a NT stove shipped to me is like $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.