Gap around stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red450

Oct 27, 2009
Indiana
I noticed a gap around the collar on my stove, where the pipe connects. The male side of the pipe has the rippled edge and I can see into the stove from there. It's just a minor gap but should I seal that up? I haven't noticed any smoke or gases leaking out. (The install was professional done, pipe goes straight up through the roof.)

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 282
Fixed the pic.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
looks like there isn't much overlap on the crimped section...
some units have tabs, that require the single wall to be notched for it to fit in all the way to the rib on the pipe....

2x, and after you check that, you can always put a lil furnace cement in the gap.

Hogwildz said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
looks like there isn't much overlap on the crimped section...
some units have tabs, that require the single wall to be notched for it to fit in all the way to the rib on the pipe....

2x, and after you check that, you can always put a lil furnace cement in the gap.

but cement wont last, and is unneeded when the pipe is fully seated

Status
Not open for further replies.