Garn has made it to the Canadian Prairies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott from Canada

Hearth Supporter
Jul 26, 2009
Manitoba Canada
Hello all, I took the Garn plunge. We made the 18hr round trip and hauled the unit home about a week ago.The day after we got back I had to go in for some surgery(lifted something I should not have a few months ago) so unfortunately all I have been able to do is read the manuals and look out the window at that shiny new 1500.Thank you all that have helped me make the decision to purchase what looks to be a solid, serious piece of heating equipement. Hopefully I can get some more assistance from the resident expert's on the forum to help me further my distribution design along while I am recovering. Scott

Attachments

• jibhu.jpg
    jibhu.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 397
Congrats

Just wondered what Customs said, did you declare it or sneak it through?

Congrats Scott. Looking forward to your updates after you have it installed. Let us know how it handles your load. If it works good for you it will prob fill the bill for me as well. OMG that makes it a 44 hour round trip for me :-S . Hello hotel.

Scott from Canada said:
Hello all, I took the Garn plunge. We made the 18hr round trip and hauled the unit home about a week ago.The day after we got back I had to go in for some surgery(lifted something I should not have a few months ago) so unfortunately all I have been able to do is read the manuals and look out the window at that shiny new 1500.Thank you all that have helped me make the decision to purchase what looks to be a solid, serious piece of heating equipement. Hopefully I can get some more assistance from the resident expert's on the forum to help me further my distribution design along while I am recovering. Scott

Scott,

Congrats! I know the feeling. I'm sure you will enjoy your journey to striking the first match. I sure have. I hope to flip the switch off on my Oil boiler today.

Get well, relax for the holidays, and then get at it.

Thanks for all for the kind words of encouragement. I know I have enjoyed pics of other installs etc. I have learned lots from the folks that frequent the forum.Later Scott

Hope you heal up fast so you can install & load wood in that beast, Randy

Scott from Canada said:

Hello all,
I took a shot at laying my distribution system out.I tried to apply what I have learned from the experts on the forum.I was hoping I could get you guys that have the experience have a look at my plan and advice me on any changes you would recommend.I know everone is busy at this time of the year.I'm going to be recovering from surgery for a while so when ever you guys find time would be much appreciated. I will only be able to try and get the shop heat going this winter as I did not get the pipe in the ground to the house before it froze solid.
All feedback is welcome. Thanks, Scott

Attachments

• garn distribution system.jpg
    garn distribution system.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 263
Status
Not open for further replies.