Garn in Tanana Alaska on show Yukon men

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
I just seen they are using a few garns to heat the water lines that supply the village with water to keep them from freezing.

Pretty cool!
Rob

I just seen they are using a few garns to heat the water lines that supply the village with water to keep them from freezing.

Pretty cool!
Rob
Saw that. I just watched it off the DVR. Looked like they had 3 in a row. Interesting that guy girdled the trees three years ago. I'm gonna do a couple, just to experiment.

JP

Show is playing right now and I can't stop laughing from all the retardedness of it.

Why would they wait until they have just a few logs left to go cut wood?

Show is playing right now and I can't stop laughing from all the retardedness of it.

Folks from up there are certainly not lazy... but seems like laziness shows up in pockets. They should have 100 cords in a building all dry and ready to go. But instead it's crisis management. No one wants to do the work till they HAVE to. Then it's all hands on deck!

JP

Because we love drama..... and the show would be boring if we could not watch a guy pull logs with a snowmobile out of the woods to save a towns water supply from freezing..........LOL

Exactly... again another "reality" show with made up scenarios just for the camera.

Garn is building a "boiler room in a box" model now that is factory built inside a shipping container specifically for the far north market. The piping is finished to the point where all the customer has to do is connect his lines and electricity on site. Everything else is done.

HM, there have been several wood chip boilers going in up here to heat schools and municipal buildings. Same thing, all piped and in a shipping container with some steel roofing on it to disguise the container. Self contained units, interesting for commercial work.

TS

Where at in Northern Maine? Most the people I know in northern Maine have been switching over to coal instead of wood. I grew up in Keegan BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.