Garn Install 15 mos. and winding down!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an error in my last drawing. This is how the flow works on the HX. The work cutting up the old system took all day yesterday, but my barn cat learned a few new cuss words and so it was well worth it. :bug:

4074822129_9d63c018ce_o.jpg

Dave, Kabbot... Good catch. Since the Garn is a heat supply, the colors on that side are backwards, as your input side will be the hottest water. As drawn in # 71, the Garn side is getting heat from the HX instead of supplying heat to it.

Counter-flow is sort of counter intuitive, but the rule in any heat exchanger is that your best results will come when the flows run OPPOSITE each other... The flow arrows are right, and the house side is drawn correctly, but the Garn side colors are definitely backwards.

Gooserider

Yes, that corrected drawing does look better... And don't start worrying until the cat starts using it's new vocabulary on you! :lol:

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.